Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Do Something!

Hi folks.

I have really missed blogging and you guys too. Its just that i've been tied up with a couple of things.

If you are like me and you are conscious of your environment, I am sure you would have noticed the appaling rate at which poverty has eaten into the garment of our nation and indeed Africa as a whole. Its indeed very unfortunate that despite our many resources, citizens of this country still languish in an unbelievable state of poverty.

I can't help but wonder at the folly of the wealthy, who pay millions of dollars for a scrap of painting but won't donate a dime to charity to help millions of needy, helpless children. I can't help but wonder at the folly of so-called celebrities who find it hard to give back to the society. I refuse to wonder about what the government is doing, I have finally given up on the government.

I came across the pictures below via the internet and...I just kept wondering.



This winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine.The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.


This famine stricken person eats from the anus of an animal.


He also showers with the wee-wee of an animal.


If after reading this blog and seeing these pictures you don't know what to do, Thank God for whatever situation you are in, no matter how bad you think it is and DO SOMETHING FOR THE NEEDY, no matter how little you think it is.

God help us.

Holla back.

God's luv + mine.






























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bukenzo!Its a well thought out write up. Please keep it up.Indeed there is a lot of hunger and deprivation in our environment, but the rich close their eyes to it. This is the kind of write ups that should be in our Newspapers and not politics all the time.

Like I said earlier on, please keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Reading ur blob has made me think of ways my friends and me can help needy people. i hope more pple will take up this challenge. God bless you bukenzo.

Anonymous said...

It remainds me of my reponsibilities too to help and extend a hand to the needy. We should not only wait for government but also should do our own part. Thanks for remainding me.