Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Monster and The Moon













As a young child, I remember sitting on the toilet seat staring at the wall and making images from the paint cracks. I would always see a monster in the wall, making faces at me and smacking. My wee-wee or poo-poo will immediately run away and I'll rush out of the toilet, shaking and unable to explain my predicament.


Then at night, when I am asleep the wee-wee will come back asking to be let out of my bladder. But then I'll remember the monster in the toilet wall and my body would refuse to be co-ordinated into standing up. Then comes morning and the bed is wet.

One fateful night, I had an experience that changed me. I went on a stroll with my aunt and as we walked I kept glancing up and noticing that the moon was going everywhere with me. When we got home, I asked my mum, " Why does the moon follow me everywhere I go? ", and she said, " Its because you are special and God is watching over you!"


After that, I would enter the toilet to wee-wee or poo-pooo and if the monster made faces at me, I would tell it to behave itself or else, I'll tell the moon to come and deal with it. Guess what? The monster is always afraid of the moon!

Over the years, I have seen that monster lurking around in my fear of failure, fear or uncertainties, fear of being broke, and several other fears. But I have been able to look the monster in its face and defend myself because I know the moon is watching over me.


That monster is fear and the moon is God.

Just in case that monster called fear is harassing you, creeping into your mind, putting you in a limbo and making you stagnant and frozen, remember that the monster is always afraid of the moon, and just harass the monster back!



Holla Back.



Luv always!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Love, this is a beautiful one. Please keep harassing the monster coz it's actually False Evidence Appearing Real while the Moon is actually Greater One Dominating.

Keep it real, Love always!

Fruitful

Yankeenaijababe said...

Great metaphor and well written. I can recall a similar experience growing up as a child. I used to be scared to walk in the dark. So my moon is God. Wow, l hated sleeping when NEPA took the light. Girl, l would advertise ur blog by making a special post to ya. Also, send BellaNaija an email. That could help too.

Unknown said...

Interesting concept!!

Monsters come in many shapes and forms as you get older...many no longer come in the dark...

Pammy

Orientatednaijababe said...

great post.... i took d liberty 2 read ur previous posts, girl, u got something good goin on here...i'm officially ur new stalker

As for d monsters, thanks 4 d reminder dat d monster is always scared of the moon...

OSE GAN NI

Allied said...

i love ur metaphors. God is our moon. Nice blog you got going here.

Anonymous said...

awwwwww...u r so right!!! we all deal with our own monster in our little ways but we also forget to cry out to the moon for help...well i knw i do sometimes but God help me!!!

oh, just so u knw..i'm officially addicted to ur blog.

Unknown said...

Hi bukenzo,
You have been tagged.!! :)

Allied said...

Update!!