Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Drastic Action!

Hi Folks.
Today, I don't feel very gay. You know the naija thingy now, every thing just gets to you once in a while, the corrupt system and all, plus your own personal issues. Anyway sha, God dey!

However, inspite of how I feel today, I have decided to take a drastic action to uplift my spirit and to inspire everyone who feels as low as I do right now.

The drastic action is Thanksgiving!
So...
1. I thank God for the fat rat in my dustbin, becuz it means I have food in abundance.

2. I thank God for the bumpy Naija roads. They've taught me life isn't a straight line graph.

3. I thank God for the nasty bus conductor. At least I have eyes to see him.

4. I thank God for when NEPA strikes. It has taught me to hope. Light will shine again.

5. I thank God for the guilt I feel in my heart when I do things I shouldn't. It means I have
a conscience.

6. I thank God for the times I face troubles. Those times have made me emotionally matured.

7. I thank God for people who don't know but think they know. They've taught me humility.

8. I thank God for friends I've lost. The loss has taught me to make God my friend.

9. I thank God for the cloudy sky, because somewhere there is a silver lining.

10. I thank God for those who think I can't amount to nothing. Becuz God is set to shock them.

Whao!
I feel much better all ready. What's that funny something you want to thank God for?
Holla Back!

Luv always.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s so thoughtful of you. I have also been so gloomy of late; I guess it got to me deeper than yours. I am taking a dose of your “drastic action!” now and I guess in a matter of time I would be feeling better. You know what it means to be worked up by work? Funny, when I didn’t have anything doing I got to beg God for a job everyday, now that I have one, a dose of “drastic action!” should always be handy, because I will need it day to day to cope with the challenges of life, of Nigeria particularly, and more particularly Lagos. Thanks for this lovely piece!

Anonymous said...

I've been feeling a little down lately too due to people's ridicules. thanks to ur Drastic Action, i fully understand what the Bible meant by "In all things give God thanks". now, when people ridicule me by saying things like "Look at her, she has nothing!" i only smile and thank them inwardly cos I've been a bit lazy in my prayers these days and they are only helping me pray and remind God that i have nothing and that He should provide. everyone should do the same to sheer up. believe me, it helps. keep up the good work Bukky!

Anonymous said...

We need more of this as Nigeria opens for International market. We need more of God. We need more of thanksgiving. We need more of Creativiti and we need more of Bukenzo.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. .Now ..........that was hilarious. Come on, life is bad in Naija but l really love the fact that you are appreciationg little things. E go better. Take am easy. later.

Anonymous said...

You have just inspired me to write a new article on naijapals....

This article of yours is off the hook...you are my type!

The reason why people are not happy is because they are dissatisfied about their past...not impressed with their current suitation and the future seem uncertain...if they can look closer, they will see that even in this cloudy sky..there is still a silver linen to be grateful for...

Thanks for giving me inspiration today!